Sep 20, 2011

A Little Footstep...

My husband and I in the snowshoes

This semester I enrolled a class called "Readings and Research in Learning Technology", facilitate by Dr. Cassie Scharber. We plan to read one to two contemporary research articles in our field every week and discuss it in the class. The purpose of this class is not only to read thoroughly but also critically, and learn how to talk like a scholar in the academia. What a good opportunity for a young and practice-to-be future scholar! We've experience our first two weeks of discussion in both face-to-face and asynchronous online form, and the results are fruitful! Those are the most enjoyable discussion so far happened in my life. I can talk with my familiar topic to my familiar audience in a safe setting. For a long time, I'm always diffident and always doubt myself if I can survive in the field, especially when I had some seminar core courses with folks from other programs in the department. Lack of proficiency in English and shared learning experience in the US always make me shy when I was talking in front of others. Ironically, I was a talkative person in my home country and has very sophisticated speaking and writing skills when using my native language. I know I need to challenge myself to be stronger in this world.

Thus I decide to initiate a new blog and write down my reflection when I am inquiring the field. I'm also taking qualitative research and apps design class this semester. Some entries related to these two courses may be added to the blog at the same time. They may be a random thought, a memo of research design, or some pieces related to apps and technology integration.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with single step. Indeed, this is my very first footstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment